Protocols at all MetroEHS Centers while following CDC & Metro guidelines to prevent the spread of Flu, Viruses and Diseases
All staff have been trained on COVID-19 OSHA standards
Health and Wellness Policy from the MetroEHS Welcome Packet is to be followed!
- At the end of a client’s session, the items below need to be cleaned with disinfectant products:
Table tops, Chairs, Light switches, Door handles, Computers, Large Toys
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
** Techs are responsible for completing the following for each client on a daily basis**
ABA – Toys that have been in child’s mouth will be placed in a separate colored bucket for each client. These buckets will be labeled with the child’s name and the phrase “dirty”. At the end of the session, the toys will be taken to the sink and washed with hot water and soap. Then they will be placed into the clean basket, which will be labeled with the child’s name and the phrase “clean”. After cleaning, the baskets will be taken to the client’s room and laid out on paper towel to air-dry overnight. In the morning, the A.M. Tech will place dried toys into the clients 3 drawer bin. Please be sure to wear rubber gloves during this process as to not re-infect the clean toys.
** SLPs and OTs are responsible for completing the following on a daily basis**
SP/OT – Toys that have been in a child’s mouth will be placed in a separate colored bucket for each SP and OT room. These buckets will be labeled with “Speech” or “OT” and the phrase “dirty”. At the end of your day, the toys will be taken to the sink and washed with hot water and soap. Then they will be placed into the clean basket, which will be labeled with “Speech” or “OT” and the phrase “clean”. After cleaning, the baskets will be taken to the Speech or OT room and laid out on paper towel to air-dry overnight. In the morning, the A.M. therapist will organize dried toys to be used for the day. Please be sure to wear rubber gloves during this process as to not re-infect the clean toys.
** Admin Staff are responsible for cleaning toys and manipulatives used universally on a daily basis including waiting room area**
- All staff are to wash their hands for 20 seconds using lots of soap and warm water, after using the restroom and before touching clients’ belongings/food.
- Clients’ hands should be washed for 20 seconds using lots of soap and warm water, after using the restroom and before eating their lunch.
- All lunchroom tables are to be wiped down before and after a client’s lunch.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and discard this tissue immediately.
Disinfect hands with hand sanitizer or wash with soap/water. If a tissue is not readily available, please use your arm to sneeze into.
- Try to avoid touching your and your clients’ face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Two masks for each Staff and Client are available at the centers. The Tech, Speech & OT therapist will give the child a mask at the beginning of the session and take the mask away at the end of session. Hand washing masks with soap and water while allowing them to air dry overnight.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol based.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Scrub brushes and disinfectant will be provided to all centers along with baskets for clean toys and buckets for dirty toys.
- All rooms clients are serviced in will have desks approximately 6 ft. apart (promoting Social Distancing).
- Lunch Time will be done in shifts (promoting Social Distancing).
- Circle Time will be done in Shifts at the Centers to and can take place in the lunch room, outside or basement. (Promoting Social Distancing)
- Techs/BCBA’s will pick up and drop off clients to the entrance/exist door. Parents will wait in their cars instead of the Waiting Area. Exception would be a scheduled Parent Training.
- BCBA’s to sit in Doorway Entrance of client’s room to do their Supervision. (Minimizing people in the room)
- All Staff, Clients, and adults entering the Centers will have their Temperature taken and be given a Good Health Screener Questionnaire.
MetroEHS serves Metro Detroit area clients with conveniently located Pediatric Therapy Centers. Please visit our locations page to view our other Therapy Centers.